Former Blue Peter star Konnie Huq hosts West London Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
More than 350 guests descended on Wembley Stadium last Thursday to see The Polish Bakery crowned West London Company of the Year.
Finalists represented all sectors of the industry including retail, construction, hospitality and finance.
Traditional crafts such as baking and signwriting were also represented as well as the very best of west London’s tech firms whose products could hardly have been imagined as recently as 20 years ago.
The big winners of the night were The Polish Bakery, based in Stonebridge, who scooped three awards including the prestigious West London Company of the Year.
Founded in 2003, The Polish Bakery began by supplying London through independent stores before going national and now supply supermarket giants Asda, Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury’s.
The judging panel highlighted how the bakery were an outstanding representation of how local roots can breed national success.
The former Blue Peter host said: “Very well done to The Polish Bakery, and to all our winners tonight. Indeed, to everyone who made it to the shortlists.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
“There’s some fabulous business talent here in west London and it’s been a privilege to host this award ceremony recognising you all.”
Agnes Gabriel-Damaz, managing director of The Polish Bakery, added: “We are really delighted we have been recognised by the business community in west London in this way.
“We have been based in Park Royal from the beginning and have built a flourishing business here using only natural sourdough in our breads and no preservatives, something which when we began was ground-breaking and still sets us apart.
“We know there are still great opportunities for us to grow our business and reach people who have not discovered our delicious range of bread and cakes, or our exciting new gluten-free ranges.
“Winning West London Business Awards endorses our commitment to deliver great quality products and superb customer service.”
North Acton-based hauliers Alexander’s Removals and Storage Ltd. Also claimed a brace of awards on the night.