Former Ash guitarist to give a masterclass in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Charlotte Hatherley will speak to students at The Institute
A former guitarist for an Irish indie rock band who has also toured with acclaimed artists will give a masterclass at a music school Kilburn.
Charlotte Hatherley, ex-member of Ash, will talk about her experiences and give tips during a visit to The Institute next Monday (21).
Ms Hatherley has been a professional musician since the age of 14 and spent a decade with Ash supplying guitar and vocals, during their most successful period.
She has toured with Bat For Lashes, KT Tunstall and many others and is also a respected songwriter who has penned three solo albums, Grey Will Fade, Deep Blue and New Worlds, which included collaborations with Squarepusher, Adem, Luke Smith (Depeche Mode, Foals), Alan Moulder (Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins) and XTC’s Andy Partridge.
You may also want to watch:
As part of her masterclass, Ms Hatherley will talk about her band experience with Ash, her career as a session guitarist and solo artist, which includes setting up her own label and releasing her own records.
The class will also touch on aspects of songwriting and the process Ms Hatherley follows to demo, produce and home record her material.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears