Former Ash guitarist to give a masterclass in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Charlotte Hatherley will speak to students at The Institute
A former guitarist for an Irish indie rock band who has also toured with acclaimed artists will give a masterclass at a music school Kilburn.
Charlotte Hatherley, ex-member of Ash, will talk about her experiences and give tips during a visit to The Institute next Monday (21).
Ms Hatherley has been a professional musician since the age of 14 and spent a decade with Ash supplying guitar and vocals, during their most successful period.
She has toured with Bat For Lashes, KT Tunstall and many others and is also a respected songwriter who has penned three solo albums, Grey Will Fade, Deep Blue and New Worlds, which included collaborations with Squarepusher, Adem, Luke Smith (Depeche Mode, Foals), Alan Moulder (Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins) and XTC’s Andy Partridge.
You may also want to watch:
As part of her masterclass, Ms Hatherley will talk about her band experience with Ash, her career as a session guitarist and solo artist, which includes setting up her own label and releasing her own records.
The class will also touch on aspects of songwriting and the process Ms Hatherley follows to demo, produce and home record her material.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital