Former Arsenal players to take part in charity match against radio station
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers from Radio Northwick Park will be putting their best foot forward
Volunteers from a hospital radio station are teaming up with former Arsenal players and celebrities to take part in a charity football match.
The team from Radio Northwick Park will play the friendly match against the former professional players at Harrow Borough Football Club on August 18.
The charity, which broadcasts to patients in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, will split the money raised between itself and the Arsenal Foundation, a charity launched to help engage young people in the community.
Fundraiser Dan Cottrell said: “We are incredibly excited to be teaming up with Arsenal to host such a fabulous day. We welcome families and fans in the area to come and enjoy the variety of activities during the day.”
The day will be filled with entertainers, food and the match itself. Spectators will also be able to take part in a half time penalty shoot out with the players.
The names of the ex-football players and celebrities will be confirmed at a later date.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
To round up the day, spectators are welcomed to an after party at the Harrow Borough’s football grounds.
Tickets will cost £5 in advance and £6 on the door and include entry to the after party.