Former Arsenal players to take part in charity match against radio station
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers from Radio Northwick Park will be putting their best foot forward
Volunteers from a hospital radio station are teaming up with former Arsenal players and celebrities to take part in a charity football match.
The team from Radio Northwick Park will play the friendly match against the former professional players at Harrow Borough Football Club on August 18.
The charity, which broadcasts to patients in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, will split the money raised between itself and the Arsenal Foundation, a charity launched to help engage young people in the community.
Fundraiser Dan Cottrell said: “We are incredibly excited to be teaming up with Arsenal to host such a fabulous day. We welcome families and fans in the area to come and enjoy the variety of activities during the day.”
You may also want to watch:
The day will be filled with entertainers, food and the match itself. Spectators will also be able to take part in a half time penalty shoot out with the players.
The names of the ex-football players and celebrities will be confirmed at a later date.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
To round up the day, spectators are welcomed to an after party at the Harrow Borough’s football grounds.
Tickets will cost £5 in advance and £6 on the door and include entry to the after party.