Fork to Fork food festival in Kensal Rise raises £60k for charity
- Credit: Archant
A one-day festival in Kensal Rise featuring delicious dishes created and served by top London chefs raised more than £60k for charity.
The Fork to Fork festival held at Ark Franklin Primary Academy in Harvist Road, where foodies enjoyed small plates and signature dishes from high profile restaurants and street food stalls raised the eye-watering sum for the school’s Open Air Classroom project.
The event is the brainchild of Kensal Rise residents Thomasina Miers, 40, MasterChef winner and co-founder of Mexican restaurant group Wahaca, and Laura Harper-Hinton, 38, co-founder and creative director of Caravan all-day restaurants and specialty coffee business Caravan Coffee Roasters.
Ms Harper-Hinton said: WWe are absolutely delighted with the success of this year’s festival.
“We have raised over £60k for our Open Air Classroom project, none of which would have been possible without the amazing Ark team, a huge number of volunteers and the vibrant and engaged community in Kensal Rise.”A total of 35 restaurants including some Michelin-star took part in the festival which also included demos and talks by chefs and tastings.
The Outdoor Classroom Project aims to increase the quantity of outdoor experiences for children in early care and education programs.
It provides educational and consulting services on the value and design of engaging outdoor learning environments to teachers, administrators, and parents.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover