Foreign Office Minister visits Brondesbury Synagogue
- Credit: Archant
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi meets members of the Jewish community
The Foreign Office Minister popped into the borough to have a discussion with members of the Jewish community On Monday.
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi visited Brondesbury Synagogue where she meet with Rabbi Baruch Levin and chairman Daniel Turner to discuss issues facing their place of worship and the community on the whole.
Rabbi Levin briefed her on the revival and future of the synagogue in Brondesbury Park, which has seen a surge in attendees in the last decade.
Baroness Warsi also met Brondesbury ward councillor Carol Shaw and Simon Marcus, the Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “To see a faith community as vibrant as this take its place in such a multi-faith area is an inspiration.
“The thriving synagogue is testament to the commitment and drive of this young Jewish community and its inspirational leader.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital