Foreign Office Minister visits Brondesbury Synagogue
- Credit: Archant
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi meets members of the Jewish community
The Foreign Office Minister popped into the borough to have a discussion with members of the Jewish community On Monday.
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi visited Brondesbury Synagogue where she meet with Rabbi Baruch Levin and chairman Daniel Turner to discuss issues facing their place of worship and the community on the whole.
Rabbi Levin briefed her on the revival and future of the synagogue in Brondesbury Park, which has seen a surge in attendees in the last decade.
Baroness Warsi also met Brondesbury ward councillor Carol Shaw and Simon Marcus, the Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “To see a faith community as vibrant as this take its place in such a multi-faith area is an inspiration.
“The thriving synagogue is testament to the commitment and drive of this young Jewish community and its inspirational leader.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing