Football: John Keble Primary School win for Queens Park Rangers in EFL Kids Cup Championship Grand Final
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Youngsters have enjoyed a week to remember in football competitions
John Keble Primary School continued their winning week by triumphing in the EFL Kids Cup Championship Grand Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
The youngsters were representing Queens Park Rangers in the final and beat Greenhill Primary, playing for Sheffield Wednesday, in the final.
That followed success for John Keble School last week in the PL Primary Stars Football Tournament when they were representing Chelsea.
The youngsters travelled to the Leicester City’s King Power Stadium for the competition, where they beat a team representing Newcastle United 1-0 in the mixed under-11s final.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning this means a lot. It’s been four years in the making,” said Edward Prempeh, John Keble School’s learning mentor and football coach.
“Going into secondary school, they will always look back at this and say to themselves, we can do what we put our hard work into.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
It has certainly been a week to remember for all associated with the John Keble School.