Follow up Wimbledon high with family tennis taster session in Gladstone Park
Andy Murray’s Wimbledon win will have sent many reaching for their tennis racquets, so it’s perfect timing for a family taster session on Sunday.
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) and the Tennis Foundation has been offering practice sessions for complete novices or for people who have only played a little.
And the latest opportunity is at Gladstone Park from 10am to 11.30am.
The sessions cost £3 per family and are suitable for all ages.
They are not formal coaching sessions but provide a perfect opportunity for people to get involved as a family.
You may also want to watch:
The balls provided are slower and easier to hit than a normal tennis ball so anyone can play.
Rob Dearing of the LTA’s participation team said: “Equipment will be available at each park site and coaches will be on hand to give advice so we hope that people will take up this offer and have some quality family time together on court. Tennis is a game for everyone, whatever their age, ability or sex.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
“Our aim is to get more people playing tennis more often and we’re trialling this family programme to support our goal.”
Visit www.allplaytennis.com/familytime for details.