Flat destroyed by fire in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A flat above a shop in Wembley has been completely destroyed in a fire yesterday evening.
A total of 81 firefighters and 12 engines tackled the blaze at the property in Preston Road for more than four hours.
Fire crews were forced to wear breathing apparatus and use jets to extinguish the blaze.
A neighbouring flat was badly damaged and there was extensive damage to the roof.
One person left the building before fire crews arrived just before 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Preston Road tube station and the street were closed while the fire crews were at the site.
An investigation into the cause of the fire has been launched.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess