Five key players sign up for next season at Hendon
- Credit: Archant
Gary McCann retains services of several crucial squad members and has various pre-season games lined up
Hendon manager Gary McCann has been busy over the past couple of weeks preparing for pre-season and has managed to retain several key players.
Long-serving Casey MacLaren has put pen to paper on a new deal, which will be his 11th season with the Greens.
MacLaren has made 323 appearances to date and scored 49 goals, and will play another key role during the 2017/18 campaign.
Sam Murphy is another to agree to extend his stay at Hendon after making more than a 100 appearance for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Niko Muir has returned too for the new campaign after spending time with divisional rivals Leiston last year.
When Muir did represent Hendon last season, he scored 11 goals in 27 appearances and will hope for more of the same next time around.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Arthur Lee will also turn out for the Greens again and look to build on his stunning 2016/17 campaign.
The former Peterborough United youngster won three player of the year awards last season and has signed a new deal.
“We are delighted that Arthur has agreed to sign a contract, as Gary continues to build his squad for the new campaign,” read a club statement.
Goalkeeper Tom Lovelock will also be part of the Hendon team next season, as he has put pen to paper on a new deal.
Lovelock joined the Greens midway through the campaign and played a key role in steering the club away from the relegation zone.
Khale Da Costa is set to leave Hendon, however, and join National League South side Concord Rangers.
McCann has put together several pre-season friendly with a tournament at Silver Jubilee Park also arranged.
Hendon’s first game of the summer will be at home to Hanwell Town on Tuesday July 11 (7.30pm kick-off) with admission free.
A pre-season tournament at Silver Jubilee Park will then take place on Saturday July 15 and Sunday July 16.
Hemel Hempstead Town, Hitchin Town and Hayes & Yeading United will take part and try to win the SJP Community Cup.
Semi-finals will be played on the Saturday with the final and third/fourth-place play-off on the Sunday.
The Greens will also visit Dunstable Town on Saturday July 22 and go to Whitehawk the following Saturday.
Recently promoted Ebbsfleet United will visit SJP on Tuesday July 25 for another 7.30pm kick-off.
Meanwhile Hendon’s final Saturday pre-season match will be away to VCD Athletic on August 5.