First stage of �600m South Kilburn regeneration project completed
Watling Place has a total of 153 new homes
The first stage of the �600 million regeneration of South Kilburn has finished – delivering more than 150 new homes.
The complex, Watling Place, has 113 affordable, 20 shared ownership and 20 private sale homes and has been delivered by Brent Council, PRP Architects and the housing association L&Q.
The 11-storey blocks are on Albert Road with smaller, lower-rise buildings in between and communal gardens.
Andy Donald, director of regeneration and major projects, Brent Council said: “This is a fantastic scheme – the regeneration of South Kilburn is already transforming the area and is having a really positive impact on local people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Regeneration gives people better quality homes and brings more opportunities and jobs into the area. That is why it is front and centre of everything we do in Brent.”
Adam Simpson, assistant director at L&Q, said:“Completion of Watling Place is testament to the many years of hard work and perseverance of all involved in the scheme.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
“L&Q is proud to deliver these high quality homes that will transform the lives of local people. The distinctive design creates a striking local landmark, and really sets the standard for future phases of development within the masterplan.”