First lady's hospital date
by Nadia Sam-Daliri The first lady of Cyprus visited the leukaemia team and patients at a leading hospital in a bid to enhance medical treatment in her country. Elsie Christofia went to the Royal Free Hospital, in Pond Street, Hampstead,
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
The first lady of Cyprus visited the leukaemia team and patients at a leading hospital in a bid to enhance medical treatment in her country.
Elsie Christofia went to the Royal Free Hospital, in Pond Street, Hampstead, last week because the hospital is a world leader in the treatment of leukaemia, bone marrow transplants and other forms of cancer.
Ms Christofia said: "It's a privilege to be here and see and learn about the professional work and high standards of treatment. I look forward to even greater co-operation between Cyprus and the hospital in the future."
You may also want to watch:
Doctors at the hospital are pioneering a new form of leukaemia treatment where donor cells are manipulated and given a 'key' component to kill off remaining cancer cells.
Christos Psillos, a patient, said: "Nobody likes to be sick but I'm glad to be getting treatment here and it was an unexpected pleasure to meet the first lady of Cyprus." email@example.com
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1