First lady's hospital date
by Nadia Sam-Daliri The first lady of Cyprus visited the leukaemia team and patients at a leading hospital in a bid to enhance medical treatment in her country. Elsie Christofia went to the Royal Free Hospital, in Pond Street, Hampstead,
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
The first lady of Cyprus visited the leukaemia team and patients at a leading hospital in a bid to enhance medical treatment in her country.
Elsie Christofia went to the Royal Free Hospital, in Pond Street, Hampstead, last week because the hospital is a world leader in the treatment of leukaemia, bone marrow transplants and other forms of cancer.
Ms Christofia said: "It's a privilege to be here and see and learn about the professional work and high standards of treatment. I look forward to even greater co-operation between Cyprus and the hospital in the future."
You may also want to watch:
Doctors at the hospital are pioneering a new form of leukaemia treatment where donor cells are manipulated and given a 'key' component to kill off remaining cancer cells.
Christos Psillos, a patient, said: "Nobody likes to be sick but I'm glad to be getting treatment here and it was an unexpected pleasure to meet the first lady of Cyprus." email@example.com
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named