First ever Sitare Festival hosted by the London Designer Outlet in Wembley
- Credit: Adrian Brooks/Imagewise
The first every Sitare Festival hosted by the London Designer Outlet took place in Wembley this weekend.
The event, which will become an annual fixture in the calendar, has been commissioned by the team behind the shopping centre to celebrate its launch with the community.
The carnival route started from King Edward VII Park in Park Lane, travelled along Wembley Park Drive, down Olympic Way ending at LDO.
The festival was created by Ali Pretty, Kinetika the artist behind outdoor performances for FIFA and London’s Paralympics 2012, among other high profile celebrations.
The festival included celebrated outdoor performing arts company, NutKhut, recreating three stunning dance extracts of Bollywood Steps, a unique, large-scale British Bollywood outdoor dance spectacle, originally commissioned by the Mayor of London.
You may also want to watch:
More than 200,000 shoppers have flocked to LDO since its opening on October 24.
The 350,000ft sq centre has 70 shops offering up to 70 per cent of retail prices, 15 restaurants and a nine-screen cinema.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
James Saunders, chief operating officer of developer Quintain owners of LDO, said: “We hope the annual event will enable local people to showcase their talent, skills and passion for their community across both Wembley and the wider London area.”
For more information about LDO visit www.london-designer-outlet.com/.