First ever Sitare Festival hosted by the London Designer Outlet in Wembley
- Credit: Adrian Brooks/Imagewise
The first every Sitare Festival hosted by the London Designer Outlet took place in Wembley this weekend.
The event, which will become an annual fixture in the calendar, has been commissioned by the team behind the shopping centre to celebrate its launch with the community.
The carnival route started from King Edward VII Park in Park Lane, travelled along Wembley Park Drive, down Olympic Way ending at LDO.
The festival was created by Ali Pretty, Kinetika the artist behind outdoor performances for FIFA and London’s Paralympics 2012, among other high profile celebrations.
The festival included celebrated outdoor performing arts company, NutKhut, recreating three stunning dance extracts of Bollywood Steps, a unique, large-scale British Bollywood outdoor dance spectacle, originally commissioned by the Mayor of London.
More than 200,000 shoppers have flocked to LDO since its opening on October 24.
The 350,000ft sq centre has 70 shops offering up to 70 per cent of retail prices, 15 restaurants and a nine-screen cinema.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 6 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
James Saunders, chief operating officer of developer Quintain owners of LDO, said: “We hope the annual event will enable local people to showcase their talent, skills and passion for their community across both Wembley and the wider London area.”
For more information about LDO visit www.london-designer-outlet.com/.