Firefighters tackle home blaze
by Alex Wellman Residents were led to safety by fire fighters in breathing equipment after a blaze tore through a part of their home. Fire crews from Willesden and West Hampstead raced to the house in Anson Road, Cricklewood after an emer
by Alex Wellman
Residents were led to safety by fire fighters in breathing equipment after a blaze tore through a part of their home.
Fire crews from Willesden and West Hampstead raced to the house in Anson Road, Cricklewood after an emergency call just before 3pm on Wednesday April 22.
The fire is thought to have begun in a downstairs bedroom which housed a lady from St Mungo's homeless charity.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze did not spread any further and crews got the fire under control by 3.24pm and managed to save 80 per cent of the property
Smoke damage affected other parts of the building but St Mungo's confirmed to the Times that contractors would be going in and repairing the building in time for the lady to move back in three weeks
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
No-one was hurt in the fire and the cause is believed to be accidental.