Fire in Kensal Green leads to road closure and evacuations
- Credit: Archant
Blaze in tyre workshop in Harrow Road is currently being tackled by firefighters
Firefighters are currently tackling a blaze in a tyre workshop in Kensal Green resulting in a road closure and people being evacuated from nearby buildings.
The blaze at the premises in Harrow Road has lead to the busy thoroughfare being closed between College Road and Scrubs Lane.
Parts of the building’s roof, first floor and ground floor are alight but no injuries have been reported.
However because a acetylene gas cylinder is in the workshop which could explode due to the heat a hazard zone of 100 metres has been set up by the fire crew.
They are spraying water onto the cylinder to cool it down and make it safe.
Fire crews were called to the scene at around 3.10pm with four engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Willesden, North Kensington, Paddington and Park Royal fire stations tackling the blaze.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
Daniel Hallissey, one of the station mangers who is at the scene, said: “Crews are working hard to bring the incident under control and limit disruption to the local area.”
Once the fire is out, and the area’s been made safe, the Brigade’s fire investigators will be working to establish how the blaze started.