Fire in Kensal Green leads to road closure and evacuations
- Credit: Archant
Blaze in tyre workshop in Harrow Road is currently being tackled by firefighters
Firefighters are currently tackling a blaze in a tyre workshop in Kensal Green resulting in a road closure and people being evacuated from nearby buildings.
The blaze at the premises in Harrow Road has lead to the busy thoroughfare being closed between College Road and Scrubs Lane.
Parts of the building’s roof, first floor and ground floor are alight but no injuries have been reported.
However because a acetylene gas cylinder is in the workshop which could explode due to the heat a hazard zone of 100 metres has been set up by the fire crew.
You may also want to watch:
They are spraying water onto the cylinder to cool it down and make it safe.
Fire crews were called to the scene at around 3.10pm with four engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Willesden, North Kensington, Paddington and Park Royal fire stations tackling the blaze.
- 1 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 2 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 3 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 4 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 9 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
Daniel Hallissey, one of the station mangers who is at the scene, said: “Crews are working hard to bring the incident under control and limit disruption to the local area.”
Once the fire is out, and the area’s been made safe, the Brigade’s fire investigators will be working to establish how the blaze started.