Fire breaks out in Dar’s Indian restaurant in Willesden
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A fire swept through Dar’s Indian restaurant on the High Road in Willesden yesterday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called in to battle the flames at 1.52pm.
Parts of the ground floor were on fire as well as ducting leading from the ground floor to the roof.
Fire crews from Willesden, West Hampstead, North Kensington, Park Royal and Clapham fire stations attended the scene.
Station manager Steve Chesson, who was at the scene, said: “Crews were faced with a well-developed fire when they arrived at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“They worked hard to bring the fire under control.”
The blaze was brought under control at 4.48pm and firefighters remained on the scene damping down the building.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Bus routes 98, 260, 266 and 460 were diverted due to road closure.
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.