Fire crews tackling large blaze at industrial units in North Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been tackling a large blaze overnight which has broken out at industrial units in North Wembley.
Around 120 firefighters and 20 engines were called to the scene on Magnet Road near East Lane, just before 9pm last night.
The fire has swept through the ground floor, first floor and the roof of the two storey units.
Crews are using three aerial ladder platforms to tackle the fire which is still burning.
Station Manager Keith Wilson who was at the scene is advising residents in the area to keep their windows closed as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Crews worked tirelessly through one of the coldest nights of the year to fit this blaze. We’re continuing this morning to bring the fire under control. The nature of the building’s roof structure has made it challenging for our firefighters to gain access to the roof voids and extinguish the fire.
“The fire is still producing quite a bit of smoke and although it is on an industrial estate with relatively few homes nearby, we would advise people who do live and work in the area to keep their windows closed as a precaution.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report