Fined: Landlord who rented out Kensal Green home with NO hot water and poor heating
- Credit: Archant
A rogue landlord who rent a property in Kensal Green with NO hot water and poor heating to a singe parent with a young child has been fined.
Bernard McGowan ignored a formal notice ordering him to repair the broken boiler in the property in Harrow Road, forcing Brent Council to rehouse the family.
This week at Willesden Magistrates Court he as fined a total of £3,277 for failing to make the essential repairs.
Cllr Margaret McLennan, Brent Council’s lead member for housing and development, said: “It is a disgrace for a landlord to rent out a property that does not even have basic hot water facilities or an adequate heating system.
“We care deeply about the living standards of those who rent in Brent and so I am proud of the council’s enforcement team who are out there tackling these problems.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope the conviction sends out a message that this will not be tolerated in our borough.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million