Fined: Cockroach-infested takeaway in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
A Chinese and Thai takeaway in Maida Vale that was so overrun with cockroaches it was closed down immediately by environmental health officers has been fined.
Gourmet Oriental in Harrow Road, was served with a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice following an inspection by Westminster Council on July 27 this year.
On Wednesday at Westminster Magistrates’ Court it was ordered to pay a total of £2,192.50
The takeaway shop has since cleaned up its act and has been allowed to reopen.
A council spokesman said: “Our environmental health team are satisfied that the health risk no longer exists and so Gourmet Oriental has been re-opened. However, we will closely monitor the establishment through regular checks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to protecting the safety of those eating at food outlets in our borough and will consider whether there is a case for further legal action.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 'There's more to a club like Wealdstone than what happens on the pitch'