Fined: Alperton butcher who illegally dumped a fridge on the street
- Credit: Archant
A butcher in Alperton has been ordered to pay more than £1,800 for illegally dumping his fridge on the street.
Sheraz Mohayudin of Gama Halal Meat Butchers in Ealing Road, was slapped with the £1,855.50 fine at Willesden Magistrates’ Court after it was proven that he illegally dumped a large commercial fridge on the street.
The fridge was found and reported to the council by Veolia, its waste and recycling contractor.
Dennis Lewis, waste enforcement manager at Brent Council, said: “Illegally dumped rubbish is a serious issue and once reported to the council we will take all necessary measures to investigate the incident and won’t hesitate to prosecute the offenders”.
Brent Council has launched a ‘love where you live’ campaign urging residents to report any instances of illegal dumping to improve their neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Eleanor Southwood, Brent Council’s lead member for the environment, said: “Most residents in Brent ‘Love where they live’ and make an effort to keep their streets clean and green. That’s why it’s so upsetting when people illegally dump rubbish; it brings down the appearance of the area and everyone suffers.
“Individuals and businesses need to know that we’ll come down on them hard if they dump their rubbish like this.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
“If you ‘Love where you live’, please report illegally dumping rubbish with our Cleaner Brent app or email email@example.com.”