Fined: Alperton butcher who illegally dumped a fridge on the street
- Credit: Archant
A butcher in Alperton has been ordered to pay more than £1,800 for illegally dumping his fridge on the street.
Sheraz Mohayudin of Gama Halal Meat Butchers in Ealing Road, was slapped with the £1,855.50 fine at Willesden Magistrates’ Court after it was proven that he illegally dumped a large commercial fridge on the street.
The fridge was found and reported to the council by Veolia, its waste and recycling contractor.
Dennis Lewis, waste enforcement manager at Brent Council, said: “Illegally dumped rubbish is a serious issue and once reported to the council we will take all necessary measures to investigate the incident and won’t hesitate to prosecute the offenders”.
Brent Council has launched a ‘love where you live’ campaign urging residents to report any instances of illegal dumping to improve their neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Eleanor Southwood, Brent Council’s lead member for the environment, said: “Most residents in Brent ‘Love where they live’ and make an effort to keep their streets clean and green. That’s why it’s so upsetting when people illegally dump rubbish; it brings down the appearance of the area and everyone suffers.
“Individuals and businesses need to know that we’ll come down on them hard if they dump their rubbish like this.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
“If you ‘Love where you live’, please report illegally dumping rubbish with our Cleaner Brent app or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”