Filmmaker from Kilburn in the finals of movie competition
- Credit: Archant
A filmmaker from Kilburn could bag £30,000 to shoot his next movie after making the finals of a nation competition.
Nimer Rashed has been named as one of 13 people shortlisted for Virgin Media Shorts – the UK’s biggest short film contest.
The 32-year-old beat off stiff competition from more than 800 entrants to make it through with his short film ’Touch’.
The two-minute movie reflects the relationship and love between two people over a life time through the touch of their hands.
The winner will receive £30,000 funding to make their next film with mentoring from the BFI (British Film Institute).
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rashed said: “Filming Touch was a real labour of love and becoming shortlisted feels incredible.
“I wanted to make something that would be really cinematic, where images would tell a story on their own, largely without dialogue.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 7 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
“It was an exciting challenge to explain exactly how the film would work, without either a traditional script of storyboards.”
The winner will be announced on November 7.