Filmmaker from Kilburn in the finals of movie competition
- Credit: Archant
A filmmaker from Kilburn could bag £30,000 to shoot his next movie after making the finals of a nation competition.
Nimer Rashed has been named as one of 13 people shortlisted for Virgin Media Shorts – the UK’s biggest short film contest.
The 32-year-old beat off stiff competition from more than 800 entrants to make it through with his short film ’Touch’.
The two-minute movie reflects the relationship and love between two people over a life time through the touch of their hands.
The winner will receive £30,000 funding to make their next film with mentoring from the BFI (British Film Institute).
Mr Rashed said: “Filming Touch was a real labour of love and becoming shortlisted feels incredible.
“I wanted to make something that would be really cinematic, where images would tell a story on their own, largely without dialogue.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
“It was an exciting challenge to explain exactly how the film would work, without either a traditional script of storyboards.”
The winner will be announced on November 7.