Filmmaker from Kilburn in the finals of movie competition
- Credit: Archant
A filmmaker from Kilburn could bag £30,000 to shoot his next movie after making the finals of a nation competition.
Nimer Rashed has been named as one of 13 people shortlisted for Virgin Media Shorts – the UK’s biggest short film contest.
The 32-year-old beat off stiff competition from more than 800 entrants to make it through with his short film ’Touch’.
The two-minute movie reflects the relationship and love between two people over a life time through the touch of their hands.
The winner will receive £30,000 funding to make their next film with mentoring from the BFI (British Film Institute).
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rashed said: “Filming Touch was a real labour of love and becoming shortlisted feels incredible.
“I wanted to make something that would be really cinematic, where images would tell a story on their own, largely without dialogue.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
“It was an exciting challenge to explain exactly how the film would work, without either a traditional script of storyboards.”
The winner will be announced on November 7.