Film crews descend on Cricklewood to shoot big budget movie Disobedience
- Credit: Doug Peters/EMPICS Entertainment
Cameras have started rolling in Cricklewood as a big budget feature film gets underway.
Filming for Disobedience, starring Rachel Weisz and Rachel McAdams, is taking place in and around a resident’s home on Heber Road for two weeks.
Brent Council have suspended some of the pay and display meters on the street and written to all residents, with no complaints registered so far they said.
The film crew is hiring the Scouts Club premises on nearby Anson Road for the duration which is giving the group a “substantial amount of much needed income”.
Location managers have been liaising with Cricklewood Residents Association who is also receiving a donation.
The film is a big screen adaptation of Naomi Alderman’s acclaimed novel Disobedience.
The book, which was published in 2006, is set in Hendon and features the return of Ronit, played by Rachel Weisz, to the Orthodox Jewish family home following the death of her father. She then rekindles a romance with her best friend played by Dr Strange star Rachel McAdams, who is now married to her cousin.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 7 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 8 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 9 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 10 Man due in court over Wembley murder
A spokeswoman for Brent Council, said: “The location managers working on this project have worked on some very high profile films and seem to be working hard to ensure that our residents are kept well informed and trying to minimise the disruption where possible. Brent Film Office will also carry out site visits during the filming period.”