Sudbury sports centre launches Run Up to Christmas campaign
- Credit: Archant
Festive fitness challenges are on the cards at a Sudbury sports centre..
Vale Farm Sports Centre, in Watford Road, is encouraging people to join a Run Up To Christmas activity campaign in aid of mental health charity Mind.
Members are invited to sign up either as an individual or as part of a team, and pledge to run 50K, 100K, 150K, 200K or 250K during Advent.
Anyone can get involved and can go at their own pace to clock up the distance in the gym, outdoors or both.
Kevin Betts, co-founder of Run Up To Christmas, said: “This challenge is a lot of fun and superbly supported on social media with plenty of messages and advice from fellow runners which range from being hugely supportive to fun and silly. The challenge is run in the best humour but underpinning the laughs we are raising a serious amount of money and awareness for Mind charity.
You may also want to watch:
“Welcome Everyone Active – let’s see what you can do!”
Everyone Active, which manages the sports centre in partnership with Brent Council, has been working with Mind as its chosen charity partner since 2017
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
Everyone Active general manager, Tiffany Johnson, said: “I wish everyone the best of luck reaching their target whether they are road running, out on the trails or clocking up the miles in the comfort of our gym.”
For more information or to register visit runuptochristmas.com