Volunteers adorn artwork with tinsel to bring Cricklemas to Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have been busy adding festive cheer to bring “Cricklemas” to Cricklewood.
Cricklewood Town Team members have been decorating the artwork they have installed over the years at Thameslink's station to raise its profile.
Tinsel and a Santa's hat now festoon the colourful cow, which was designed and installed by local artist Alistair Lambert, while Christmas lights adorn the large Cricklewood sign.
There are two living Christmas trees and more tinsel around the sheep who "graze" in nearby Cricklewood Lane.
Marie Hancock, a CTT member, said: "When we were putting up the decorations people stopped to chat or smile and take a photo and wanted to help and join in some festive cheer."
You may also want to watch:
Thameslink's corporate social responsilbility manager Katherine Cox added: "Once again Marie and her team at Cricklewood have gone the extra mile to make our town station fun and inviting for the community. It's very moo-ving what they have done!"
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker