Fernandes wants Beckham at QPR
QPR owner says landing former England skipper would be ‘great’
QPR owner Tony Fernandes has admitted he would love to see David Beckham playing in the blue and white shirt.
Speculation over the former England and Manchester United skipper’s move to Loftus Road increased over the weekend, with Beckham’s contract at LA Galaxy ending in November.
QPR’s vice-chairman Amit Bhatia had appeared to rule such a move out on Monday, insisting that there was ‘absolutely no truth’ in the rumours.
But Fernandes said on Twitter: “I think having someone like David at the club would be great. Was always in my thoughts. Let’s see.”
You may also want to watch:
Fernandes has already overseen the addition of six new players since he replaced Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone on the board.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods