Fernandes wants Beckham at QPR
QPR owner says landing former England skipper would be ‘great’
QPR owner Tony Fernandes has admitted he would love to see David Beckham playing in the blue and white shirt.
Speculation over the former England and Manchester United skipper’s move to Loftus Road increased over the weekend, with Beckham’s contract at LA Galaxy ending in November.
QPR’s vice-chairman Amit Bhatia had appeared to rule such a move out on Monday, insisting that there was ‘absolutely no truth’ in the rumours.
But Fernandes said on Twitter: “I think having someone like David at the club would be great. Was always in my thoughts. Let’s see.”
You may also want to watch:
Fernandes has already overseen the addition of six new players since he replaced Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone on the board.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 4 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election