Fernandes wants Beckham at QPR
QPR owner says landing former England skipper would be ‘great’
QPR owner Tony Fernandes has admitted he would love to see David Beckham playing in the blue and white shirt.
Speculation over the former England and Manchester United skipper’s move to Loftus Road increased over the weekend, with Beckham’s contract at LA Galaxy ending in November.
QPR’s vice-chairman Amit Bhatia had appeared to rule such a move out on Monday, insisting that there was ‘absolutely no truth’ in the rumours.
But Fernandes said on Twitter: “I think having someone like David at the club would be great. Was always in my thoughts. Let’s see.”
You may also want to watch:
Fernandes has already overseen the addition of six new players since he replaced Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone on the board.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils