Family event in Willesden for London Fire Brigade 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Families and enthusiasts are invited to Willesden for celebratory open day to honour the London Fire Brigade’s 150th anniversary.
Willesden fire station is hosting a special event on June 5 from 12-4pm in Glasshouse Walk with a chance to meet local crews, learn life saving safety lessons, a few firefighting skills and lots of history.
The brigade has partnered toy manufacturers Playmobile so children big and small can meet life-size model firefighters as well as real human ones and enjoy a range of activities.
Visitors can expect to see fire engines and equipment from the past and present and the London Fire Brigade Museum will provide a display on the history of the station, which opened in 1934.
There’s a chance to see the Willesden crew in action performing a road traffic collision demonstration, and a fire drill using hoses and ladders to show how they tackle fires.
Young firefighters of the future can dress up in mini fire gear with an icecream van close at hand if the heat gets too much.
Groups and associations from the local community have also pitched in, providing bands, choirs and DJ to play music throughout the fun-filled day.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting