QPR at home to Leeds in FA Cup
- Credit: Ray Lawrence/TGS Photo
The draw for the third round of this season’s FA Cup has been made
Queens Park Rangers will host Sky Bet Championship rivals Leeds United in the third round of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the third round, in which teams from the top two tiers of English football enter the competition, was made on Monday night.
The Rs were handed another home draw in the famous old competition against the Whites, who are among the front-runners for promotion from the league this term.
The two sides are yet to meet in the league this season, though QPR suffered defeat in both of their match-ups last term.
You may also want to watch:
With £135,000 in prize money on offer for winners of ties in the third round, Steve McClaren will hope it is his side who will be celebrating.
Ties in the third round are scheduled to take place over the weekend of January 5 in the New Year.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
The Rs suffered a shock loss in the third round last season as they were beaten at home by MK Dons, who went on to be relegated from League One.