FA Cup spotted with goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience. And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch. Goalkeeping lege
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience.
And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch.
Goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant, who in 1988 became the first goalkeeper to captain his team in an FA Cup final, made a guest appearance at the event.
Fans were able to have their photo taken with Beasant and the trophy, and put their goalkeeping skills to the test in a number of football challenges.
The event was staged by FA Cup sponsors E.ON.
Phil Boas, E.ON's head of sponsorship, said: "Great goalkeeping saves have played as important a part in the history of The FA Cup as the goals scored, and this experience gives visitors the ideal opportunity to gain a glimpse into the world of a keeper.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 4 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street