FA Cup spotted with goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience. And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch. Goalkeeping lege
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience.
And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch.
Goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant, who in 1988 became the first goalkeeper to captain his team in an FA Cup final, made a guest appearance at the event.
Fans were able to have their photo taken with Beasant and the trophy, and put their goalkeeping skills to the test in a number of football challenges.
You may also want to watch:
The event was staged by FA Cup sponsors E.ON.
Phil Boas, E.ON's head of sponsorship, said: "Great goalkeeping saves have played as important a part in the history of The FA Cup as the goals scored, and this experience gives visitors the ideal opportunity to gain a glimpse into the world of a keeper.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre