FA Cup spotted with goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience. And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch. Goalkeeping lege
SCORES of football fans flocked to catch a glimpse of the FA Cup trophy at Westfield shopping centre as part of The Great Saves Experience.
And with the FA Cup quarter finals due to be played this weekend, excitement was at fever pitch.
Goalkeeping legend Dave Beasant, who in 1988 became the first goalkeeper to captain his team in an FA Cup final, made a guest appearance at the event.
Fans were able to have their photo taken with Beasant and the trophy, and put their goalkeeping skills to the test in a number of football challenges.
You may also want to watch:
The event was staged by FA Cup sponsors E.ON.
Phil Boas, E.ON's head of sponsorship, said: "Great goalkeeping saves have played as important a part in the history of The FA Cup as the goals scored, and this experience gives visitors the ideal opportunity to gain a glimpse into the world of a keeper.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods