Ex-Taoiseach gives lecture
by Anne-Sophie Bryant The future of Anglo-Irish relations will go under the microscope at a lecture by Ireland s former leader. Bertie Ahern TD, ex-Irish Taoiseach, will discuss the possible impacts of the post-Good Friday Agreement on re
by Anne-Sophie Bryant
The future of Anglo-Irish relations will go under the microscope at a lecture by Ireland's former leader.
Bertie Ahern TD, ex-Irish Taoiseach, will discuss the possible impacts of the post-Good Friday Agreement on relations between the UK and Ireland after the next General Election in 2010.
Mr Ahern's lecture will kick off a series of debates at the Irish Cultural Centre in Blacks Road, Hammersmith, featuring other prominent political figures from both countries such as Owen Paterson, Shadow Northern Ireland Secretary, Pat Doherty, Sinn Fein MP for West Tyrone and Lord Ken Maginnis, former Ulster Unionist MP from Fermanagh-South Tyrone.
You may also want to watch:
The talks will take place at the Irish Cultural Centre from April 22 to July 1.
For more information visit www.irishculturalcentre.co.uk or call 020 8563 8232.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed