Ex-Taoiseach gives lecture
by Anne-Sophie Bryant The future of Anglo-Irish relations will go under the microscope at a lecture by Ireland s former leader. Bertie Ahern TD, ex-Irish Taoiseach, will discuss the possible impacts of the post-Good Friday Agreement on re
by Anne-Sophie Bryant
The future of Anglo-Irish relations will go under the microscope at a lecture by Ireland's former leader.
Bertie Ahern TD, ex-Irish Taoiseach, will discuss the possible impacts of the post-Good Friday Agreement on relations between the UK and Ireland after the next General Election in 2010.
Mr Ahern's lecture will kick off a series of debates at the Irish Cultural Centre in Blacks Road, Hammersmith, featuring other prominent political figures from both countries such as Owen Paterson, Shadow Northern Ireland Secretary, Pat Doherty, Sinn Fein MP for West Tyrone and Lord Ken Maginnis, former Ulster Unionist MP from Fermanagh-South Tyrone.
You may also want to watch:
The talks will take place at the Irish Cultural Centre from April 22 to July 1.
For more information visit www.irishculturalcentre.co.uk or call 020 8563 8232.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel