Ex Camden Mayor swaps his robes for Music tsar post
Cllr Jonathan Simpson will foster stronger relationships with live music venues
He was billed as Camden’s first ever Rock ‘n’ Roll Mayor – and now Cllr Jonathan Simpson has scored another number one as the borough’s first music tzar.
The music industry is one of the largest employers in Camden, and in his new role Cllr Simpson will build relationships between live music venues and the town hall.
Cllr Simpson, musical tzar for Camden, said:
”It is an honour to be named Camden music tzar and I am thrilled to be able to carry on working with some of the most talented and creative people around.
You may also want to watch:
“The music industry is a vital part of Camden’s economy and I am delighted that I have been tasked with not only celebrating our rich musical mix but to promote the good work and lively venues of the borough.
“Camden is famous across the globe for its musical heritage and being able to use my own experiences and knowledge to increase this further is humbling.”
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election