Esther Rantzen serves up a treat in Kensal Green
TV star makes a ‘meals-on-wheels’ delivery for an elderly resident
A Brent resident was given a special treat when a famous face hand delivered her meal.
Evelyn Rudkin, who lives in Kensal Green, was given a special delivery form former TV host Esther Rantzen.
Ms Rantzen joined meals on wheels provider apetito as it made its daily round of deliveries across the borough.
Her visit follows National Community Meals Week, which aims to raise awareness of the meals on wheels service.
Evelyn said: “I really enjoy the meals, the fish and chips are my favourite.”
Now in its 13th year, National Community Meals Week is organised by The National Association of Care Catering (NACC), which celebrated the week with an attempt to break the world record for the total number of the same community meal served to users of the service on the same day.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Residents who chose to take part received a traditionally British two-course menu of roast beef, potatoes and seasonal vegetables followed by a pudding of apple crumble and custard.