Esther Rantzen serves up a treat in Kensal Green
TV star makes a ‘meals-on-wheels’ delivery for an elderly resident
A Brent resident was given a special treat when a famous face hand delivered her meal.
Evelyn Rudkin, who lives in Kensal Green, was given a special delivery form former TV host Esther Rantzen.
Ms Rantzen joined meals on wheels provider apetito as it made its daily round of deliveries across the borough.
Her visit follows National Community Meals Week, which aims to raise awareness of the meals on wheels service.
Evelyn said: “I really enjoy the meals, the fish and chips are my favourite.”
Now in its 13th year, National Community Meals Week is organised by The National Association of Care Catering (NACC), which celebrated the week with an attempt to break the world record for the total number of the same community meal served to users of the service on the same day.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
Residents who chose to take part received a traditionally British two-course menu of roast beef, potatoes and seasonal vegetables followed by a pudding of apple crumble and custard.