Estate tour for council boss

Estate tour for council boss A COUNCIL chief visited residents in their homes as part of a tour around an estate that underwent a �176 million redevelopment, writes Vicky Beckett. Gareth Daniel, Brent Council s chief executive, visited Stonebridge Estat

Estate tour for council boss

A COUNCIL chief visited residents in their homes as part of a tour around an estate that underwent a �176 million redevelopment, writes Vicky Beckett.

Gareth Daniel, Brent Council's chief executive, visited Stonebridge Estate for the first time since starting his job in 1998.

The estate had gained notoriety after it became a breeding ground for crime and yobbish behaviour.


You may also want to watch:


But since it underwent its multi-million makeover that saw the demolition of its tower blocks, it is slowly getting back on its feet.

Saying he was keen to see the changes, Mr Daniel said: "The estate is now unrecognisable and I am highly impressed with the work that has gone into improving the estate."

Most Read

Hillside Housing trust, part of the Hyde Group work, manages 70 per cent of the properties on the estate and work closely with Brent Council, which take care of the remaining 30 per cent.

A Hyde group spokeswoman said: "We continue to deliver employment and social regeneration programmes from the community facilities aimed at improving the quality of life of residents.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus