How many England footballers has your borough produced since 1966?
- Credit: PA
The number of England national team footballers produced by each London borough has been revealed, ahead of Euro 2020 kicking off next week.
A new study looked at the birthplace of each player selected to represent the Three Lions at a European Championship or World Cup since 1966.
Eight players hailing from Havering have been called up, seven from Tower Hamlets and four from Westminster, the research found.
Three players from Redbridge have pulled on the England shirt at international tournaments, along with two each from the boroughs of Hackney and Brent, according to the study by online betting review site Bookmakers.tv.
Another 54 players came from other London boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
England’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer includes Chelsea right-back Reece James, who was born in Ilford.
His England teammate and Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling, born in Kingston, Jamaica, grew up in Brent.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 9 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'