End of a chapter for community gallery in Willesden after 29 years
- Credit: Archant
Brent Artists Resource will host the Ghosts exhibition to celebrate its past, present and future
A community gallery based in Willesden Green Library Centre for more than 20 years will be bowing out on Thursday with a closing ceremony.
The BAR (Brent Artists Resource) gallery will be hosting the Ghosts exhibition to celebrate the past, present and future of the gallery.
Since it was founded in 1984 the gallery has been home to both local and international artists, who’ve contributed to the creative scene in Brent, the event promises to recognise its achievements.
However, they will be forced to vacate the library next week to allow for the building to be demolished and be rebuild as the Willesden Green Cultural Centre.
Artist Kevin Keating; will curate the exhibition, which will involve projecting and painting the ‘ghosts’ of resident artists onto the gallery’s walls.
He said: “Ghosts is an expression of what I, and other artists feel is an abrupt end to an exciting gallery.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 4 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
“A feeling of not wanting to leave and leaving something of ourselves attached onto the walls of our past.”
BAR are looking for a new space to call home and are in negotiations with Brent council a supporter of the organisation. The exhibition starts tonight at 6pm at the BAR gallery in Willesden Green Library Centre, High Road Willesden.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org