Elderly woman who died in collision revealed as Kilburn resident Nora Gutmann
The pensioner died after being hit by a lorry in Marylebone Road
An elderly woman who was knocked over and killed in Marylebone Road last Friday has been revealed as Nora Gutmann, who lived in the Kilburn area.
Ms Gutman, 97, was thought to be crossing the road opposite Madam Tussauds when she was hit by a lorry just before noon.
She was treated at the scene by ambulance crews and was taken to St Mary’s Hospital, where she died from her injuries soon after arriving.
A post-mortem examination at Westminster Mortuary gave cause of death as multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry was arrested at the scene and later bailed to return on a date in July pending further enquiries.
DS Jeff Edwards, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am grateful for a number of people who stopped at the scene to assist the casualty.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 7 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving
“This stretch of road was fairly busy at that time and I would urge anyone who may have seen any of the parties in the moments leading up to the collision, or the collision itself, to contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Road Death Investigation Unit at Hampton Traffic Garage on 020 8941 9011, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know Nora Gutmann? If so then you can pay tribute by contacting our newsdesk on 0207 4336244 or firstname.lastname@example.org