Elderly couple escape serious injury in Kingsbury house fire
- Credit: Archant
Two elderly residents have escaped serious injury after a blaze broke out at their home in Kingsbury early this morning.
The couple escaped as fire tore through the ground floor and part of the first floor of the house in Sherborne Gardens shortly before 6.15 am.
Officers from the London Fire Brigade rushed to tackle the fire and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service treated the couple for shock at the scene. The whole of the ground floor and part of the first floor were damaged.
Four fire engines from Stanmore and Hendon fire stations attended the incident.
The flames were brought under control by 7.10 am.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'