Eight arrest in connection with fatal shooting of Mohanna ‘Montana’ Abdhou in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the shooting of a 20-year-old woman in Kilburn have made an eighth arrest in connection with her death
But there have still been no charges over the killing of Mohanna Abdhou, known as Montana, who was shot dead by a gunman as she stood chatting to friends in front of Blake Court, Malvern Road on May 26 at around 8.50pm.
Officers believe Montana was an innocent bystander caught up in the shooting, after her group was approached by two men on bicycles near a kids playground.
Police said that one of the suspects discharged a firearm towards the group and Montana was shot.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service who were called to the scene found Mohanna suffering from gunshot injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She was pronounced dead and a post-mortem investigation has found that she died from a single gunshot wound.
A 21-year-old man was arrested in the Queens Park area yesterday (Tuesday). He is the eighth to be arrested in connection with Montana’s death. Seven others have been released without charge.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Crimestoppers have offered a reward to anyone who can provide information to help convict the gunman. The information must come via the Crimestoppers line.
Montana’s family said in a statement in May: “We are truly saddened, heartbroken and still in complete shock that we have lost a beautiful and caring soul. No words can truly express our feelings towards this situation.
“She was a loving daughter, sister and friend. She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly.
“The thought that anyone can go out there and murder an innocent person is truly heart breaking and we wish that no other family ever goes through such distress. She will always be in our minds and in our hearts.
“Our family need answers as to what happened to our beloved Montana; someone must know something, or have suspicions about someone being involved. I ask them to search their hearts and tell the police what they know.”
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by DCI Andy Partridge, have appealed for information about two masked men on bicycles, wearing dark coloured clothing who were last seen riding along Malvern Road in the direction of Shirland Road, where they entered Shirland Mews.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.