Westminster-based free school to open on former college site in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A new free school based formed in Westminster is to open temporarily on a former college site in Kilburn.
Marylebone Boys’ School has announced today it will be located at the building in Priory Park Road, which was once used as a campus for the College of North West London.
The news will bring an end to speculation that Gladstone Free School will open on the site.
Gladstone had previously shown interested in opening on the former playing field of William Gladstone Secondary School which was demolished in 1998.
But the Brent Council owned site is Metropolitan Open Land and has same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt in terms of development.
Residents vehemently objected to the plans and launched a petition against the proposals.
The school is now looking for another site.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
Marylebone Boys’ School, which will open in September, are currently looking for a permanent site in Westminster.