Westminster-based free school to open on former college site in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A new free school based formed in Westminster is to open temporarily on a former college site in Kilburn.
Marylebone Boys’ School has announced today it will be located at the building in Priory Park Road, which was once used as a campus for the College of North West London.
The news will bring an end to speculation that Gladstone Free School will open on the site.
Gladstone had previously shown interested in opening on the former playing field of William Gladstone Secondary School which was demolished in 1998.
But the Brent Council owned site is Metropolitan Open Land and has same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt in terms of development.
Residents vehemently objected to the plans and launched a petition against the proposals.
The school is now looking for another site.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 9 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 10 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
Marylebone Boys’ School, which will open in September, are currently looking for a permanent site in Westminster.