Westminster-based free school to open on former college site in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A new free school based formed in Westminster is to open temporarily on a former college site in Kilburn.
Marylebone Boys’ School has announced today it will be located at the building in Priory Park Road, which was once used as a campus for the College of North West London.
The news will bring an end to speculation that Gladstone Free School will open on the site.
Gladstone had previously shown interested in opening on the former playing field of William Gladstone Secondary School which was demolished in 1998.
But the Brent Council owned site is Metropolitan Open Land and has same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt in terms of development.
You may also want to watch:
Residents vehemently objected to the plans and launched a petition against the proposals.
The school is now looking for another site.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
Marylebone Boys’ School, which will open in September, are currently looking for a permanent site in Westminster.