Westminster-based free school to open on former college site in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A new free school based formed in Westminster is to open temporarily on a former college site in Kilburn.
Marylebone Boys’ School has announced today it will be located at the building in Priory Park Road, which was once used as a campus for the College of North West London.
The news will bring an end to speculation that Gladstone Free School will open on the site.
Gladstone had previously shown interested in opening on the former playing field of William Gladstone Secondary School which was demolished in 1998.
But the Brent Council owned site is Metropolitan Open Land and has same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt in terms of development.
You may also want to watch:
Residents vehemently objected to the plans and launched a petition against the proposals.
The school is now looking for another site.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
Marylebone Boys’ School, which will open in September, are currently looking for a permanent site in Westminster.