Westminster-based free school to open on former college site in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A new free school based formed in Westminster is to open temporarily on a former college site in Kilburn.
Marylebone Boys’ School has announced today it will be located at the building in Priory Park Road, which was once used as a campus for the College of North West London.
The news will bring an end to speculation that Gladstone Free School will open on the site.
Gladstone had previously shown interested in opening on the former playing field of William Gladstone Secondary School which was demolished in 1998.
But the Brent Council owned site is Metropolitan Open Land and has same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt in terms of development.
You may also want to watch:
Residents vehemently objected to the plans and launched a petition against the proposals.
The school is now looking for another site.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 6 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
Marylebone Boys’ School, which will open in September, are currently looking for a permanent site in Westminster.