Wembley students celebrate mountain climb at House of Lords
- Credit: Archant
Three students from a school in Wembley who scaled the heights of Mount Kilimanjaro have attended a celebratory reception at the House of Lords.
Younes Berrazouane, Mohammad Mansoor, and Najeeb Jama of Copland Community School in Cecil Avenue were invited by Baroness Sharpe and the education charity Transformation Trust to mark their achievement.
The trio climbed the 20,000 feet mountain in Tanzania with the aim of “challenging and inspiring” young people after winning a competition organised by the Transformation Trust.
The climb was sponsored by computer giant Dell who awarded the school a Dell tablet for its participation in the venture.
Younes, Mohammad and Najeeb also received Dell’s latest tablet and a framed copy of an advertisement highlighting their achievement that appeared in the Financial Times.
Sam Draper, the school’s head of English, said: “This is another lasting memory for these boys and marks over six months of life-changing experiences courtesy of The Transformation Trust.
“The chance to visit the home of British politics and be celebrated for their participation in this unique experience is truly remarkable.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 4 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 9 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021
“It was a wonderful opportunity that we hope to share with more Copland School pupils in the future.”
Copland School was one of four schools to attend the event held in the Atlee Room of the House of Lords.