Wembley student hairdressers are a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Trainees scoop a record-breaking 12 awards at industry ceremony
Talented student hairdressers have proved they are a cut above the rest after scooping an array of industry awards.
The 12 trainees from the College of North West London in Wembley, were at the southern regional finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) Awards.
The college’s achievement makes CNWL the first ever to have every won so many awards at the AHT event.
Maggie Barth, Head of CNWL’s arts faculty, said: “We were thrilled with what our 12 learners at the regional final achieved on the day. They thoroughly enjoyed competing and coming back with 12 awards was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
“The students all deserved their wins – they work extremely hard throughout the term.”
All of the award winners will go on to compete in the national finals next month.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium