Wembley student hairdressers are a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Trainees scoop a record-breaking 12 awards at industry ceremony
Talented student hairdressers have proved they are a cut above the rest after scooping an array of industry awards.
The 12 trainees from the College of North West London in Wembley, were at the southern regional finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) Awards.
The college’s achievement makes CNWL the first ever to have every won so many awards at the AHT event.
Maggie Barth, Head of CNWL’s arts faculty, said: “We were thrilled with what our 12 learners at the regional final achieved on the day. They thoroughly enjoyed competing and coming back with 12 awards was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
“The students all deserved their wins – they work extremely hard throughout the term.”
All of the award winners will go on to compete in the national finals next month.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer