Wembley student hairdressers are a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Trainees scoop a record-breaking 12 awards at industry ceremony
Talented student hairdressers have proved they are a cut above the rest after scooping an array of industry awards.
The 12 trainees from the College of North West London in Wembley, were at the southern regional finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) Awards.
The college’s achievement makes CNWL the first ever to have every won so many awards at the AHT event.
Maggie Barth, Head of CNWL’s arts faculty, said: “We were thrilled with what our 12 learners at the regional final achieved on the day. They thoroughly enjoyed competing and coming back with 12 awards was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
“The students all deserved their wins – they work extremely hard throughout the term.”
All of the award winners will go on to compete in the national finals next month.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'