Wembley student hairdressers are a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Trainees scoop a record-breaking 12 awards at industry ceremony
Talented student hairdressers have proved they are a cut above the rest after scooping an array of industry awards.
The 12 trainees from the College of North West London in Wembley, were at the southern regional finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) Awards.
The college’s achievement makes CNWL the first ever to have every won so many awards at the AHT event.
Maggie Barth, Head of CNWL’s arts faculty, said: “We were thrilled with what our 12 learners at the regional final achieved on the day. They thoroughly enjoyed competing and coming back with 12 awards was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
“The students all deserved their wins – they work extremely hard throughout the term.”
All of the award winners will go on to compete in the national finals next month.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!