Wembley dancers join Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite and Diversity by winning London contest
- Credit: Archant
First Impressions scoop the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show
A youth dance troupe from Wembley claimed the top spot in a prestigious urban talent contest.
First Impressions beat off fierce competition from 33 other acts to be crowned the winner of the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show.
The group, who are based at the Chalkhill Community Centre in Chalkhill Road, are formed of youngsters aged between eight and 14.
The win was the second triumph for the 13-strong troupe in one week, as they also came first in the Brent Dance Factor competition held at the Roundwood Youth Centre in Longstone Avenue, Harlesden, last week.
You may also want to watch:
The talent show has been held since 2000, and is part of a youth-led campaign in London.
Previous winners include household names such as Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite, and Diversity.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 4 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 9 Letter on Kilburn Square
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield