Wembley dancers join Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite and Diversity by winning London contest
- Credit: Archant
First Impressions scoop the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show
A youth dance troupe from Wembley claimed the top spot in a prestigious urban talent contest.
First Impressions beat off fierce competition from 33 other acts to be crowned the winner of the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show.
The group, who are based at the Chalkhill Community Centre in Chalkhill Road, are formed of youngsters aged between eight and 14.
The win was the second triumph for the 13-strong troupe in one week, as they also came first in the Brent Dance Factor competition held at the Roundwood Youth Centre in Longstone Avenue, Harlesden, last week.
You may also want to watch:
The talent show has been held since 2000, and is part of a youth-led campaign in London.
Previous winners include household names such as Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite, and Diversity.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 6 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 7 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 10 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden