Wembley dancers join Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite and Diversity by winning London contest
- Credit: Archant
First Impressions scoop the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show
A youth dance troupe from Wembley claimed the top spot in a prestigious urban talent contest.
First Impressions beat off fierce competition from 33 other acts to be crowned the winner of the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show.
The group, who are based at the Chalkhill Community Centre in Chalkhill Road, are formed of youngsters aged between eight and 14.
The win was the second triumph for the 13-strong troupe in one week, as they also came first in the Brent Dance Factor competition held at the Roundwood Youth Centre in Longstone Avenue, Harlesden, last week.
You may also want to watch:
The talent show has been held since 2000, and is part of a youth-led campaign in London.
Previous winners include household names such as Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite, and Diversity.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 8 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley