Wembley dancers join Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite and Diversity by winning London contest
- Credit: Archant
First Impressions scoop the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show
A youth dance troupe from Wembley claimed the top spot in a prestigious urban talent contest.
First Impressions beat off fierce competition from 33 other acts to be crowned the winner of the Boroughs United 2013 urban talent show.
The group, who are based at the Chalkhill Community Centre in Chalkhill Road, are formed of youngsters aged between eight and 14.
The win was the second triumph for the 13-strong troupe in one week, as they also came first in the Brent Dance Factor competition held at the Roundwood Youth Centre in Longstone Avenue, Harlesden, last week.
You may also want to watch:
The talent show has been held since 2000, and is part of a youth-led campaign in London.
Previous winners include household names such as Leona Lewis, Ms Dynamite, and Diversity.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Sex attacker jailed after raping schoolgirl in Harlesden
- 6 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 7 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury