Two students from Brent college win first prize in hairdressing competition
- Credit: Archant
Two hairdressing students from a college in Brent have won first prize at a prestigious competition.
Aiste Railaite, 29, from Wembley, and Rebwar Mustafa Soltani, 31, from Kilburn, both from the College of North West London, competed in the national finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) UK Trainee Competitions.
Ms Railaite scooped first prize in the ladies commercial cut and blow dry competition creating a graduated bob hairstyle with a blunt cut fringe while Mr Soltani came top in the men’s cut and finish competition with his texturised cut on top created with scissors and clippered sides.
Ms Railaite said: “I am so happy to have won. The creativity that goes into hairdressing is what drives me. This competition was really fun, I loved the adrenaline of it.
Mr Soltani said: “The AHT UK Trainee Competitions are the first I’ve taken part in and I was feeling very nervous, but I just kept saying to myself, I am here to win.”
You may also want to watch:
Five other students from the CNWL, which has campuses in Willesden and Wembley, also gained top-four finishes at the final held in Blackpool last week.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital