Two students from Brent college win first prize in hairdressing competition
- Credit: Archant
Two hairdressing students from a college in Brent have won first prize at a prestigious competition.
Aiste Railaite, 29, from Wembley, and Rebwar Mustafa Soltani, 31, from Kilburn, both from the College of North West London, competed in the national finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) UK Trainee Competitions.
Ms Railaite scooped first prize in the ladies commercial cut and blow dry competition creating a graduated bob hairstyle with a blunt cut fringe while Mr Soltani came top in the men’s cut and finish competition with his texturised cut on top created with scissors and clippered sides.
Ms Railaite said: “I am so happy to have won. The creativity that goes into hairdressing is what drives me. This competition was really fun, I loved the adrenaline of it.
Mr Soltani said: “The AHT UK Trainee Competitions are the first I’ve taken part in and I was feeling very nervous, but I just kept saying to myself, I am here to win.”
Five other students from the CNWL, which has campuses in Willesden and Wembley, also gained top-four finishes at the final held in Blackpool last week.
- 1 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 2 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 3 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Omicron: Mosque reopens as vaccine centre to meet demand
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 9 Wembley Stadium hosts careers expo to help Brent young people into City jobs
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?