Two students from Brent college win first prize in hairdressing competition
- Credit: Archant
Two hairdressing students from a college in Brent have won first prize at a prestigious competition.
Aiste Railaite, 29, from Wembley, and Rebwar Mustafa Soltani, 31, from Kilburn, both from the College of North West London, competed in the national finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) UK Trainee Competitions.
Ms Railaite scooped first prize in the ladies commercial cut and blow dry competition creating a graduated bob hairstyle with a blunt cut fringe while Mr Soltani came top in the men’s cut and finish competition with his texturised cut on top created with scissors and clippered sides.
Ms Railaite said: “I am so happy to have won. The creativity that goes into hairdressing is what drives me. This competition was really fun, I loved the adrenaline of it.
Mr Soltani said: “The AHT UK Trainee Competitions are the first I’ve taken part in and I was feeling very nervous, but I just kept saying to myself, I am here to win.”
You may also want to watch:
Five other students from the CNWL, which has campuses in Willesden and Wembley, also gained top-four finishes at the final held in Blackpool last week.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates