Two students from Brent college win first prize in hairdressing competition
- Credit: Archant
Two hairdressing students from a college in Brent have won first prize at a prestigious competition.
Aiste Railaite, 29, from Wembley, and Rebwar Mustafa Soltani, 31, from Kilburn, both from the College of North West London, competed in the national finals of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) UK Trainee Competitions.
Ms Railaite scooped first prize in the ladies commercial cut and blow dry competition creating a graduated bob hairstyle with a blunt cut fringe while Mr Soltani came top in the men’s cut and finish competition with his texturised cut on top created with scissors and clippered sides.
Ms Railaite said: “I am so happy to have won. The creativity that goes into hairdressing is what drives me. This competition was really fun, I loved the adrenaline of it.
Mr Soltani said: “The AHT UK Trainee Competitions are the first I’ve taken part in and I was feeling very nervous, but I just kept saying to myself, I am here to win.”
You may also want to watch:
Five other students from the CNWL, which has campuses in Willesden and Wembley, also gained top-four finishes at the final held in Blackpool last week.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants