Top marks for primary school in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
ARK Atwood Primary Academy is rated outstanding by Ofsted
A primary school in Queen’s Park which opened two years ago has achieved top marks by an education watchdog following an inspection.
ARK Atwood Primary Academy in Third Avenue, are celebrating after being given an outstanding rating in every category by Ofsted.
The two form entry primary academy opened in September 2011 and is already over-subscribed.
Its pupils reflect the diverse community with links to 26 countries.
You may also want to watch:
Among the praise given to the school it was championed for its inspiration leadership by the headteacher, supported by the committed team of teachers, non-teaching staff and governors; the celebration of its rich cultural heritage of the community and the pupil’s excellent behaviour.
Daniel Upfield, headteacher, said: “The biggest accolade for us was to read on Ofsted’s parent view survey that 100 per cent of parents responding would recommend the school to their friends.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“We want every child to achieve highly and we also want to be a happy school where children look forward to coming to school every day. That’s what success means for us.
“I’d like to thank staff, parents and pupils for all the hard work they’ve put in to make ARK Atwood a success.
ARK Schools runs 18 academies, 13 of which are in London.
It will open ARK Franklin Primary Academy, the current Kensal Rise Primary School in Harvist Road, Kensal Rise, in September.