Top marks for primary school in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
ARK Atwood Primary Academy is rated outstanding by Ofsted
A primary school in Queen’s Park which opened two years ago has achieved top marks by an education watchdog following an inspection.
ARK Atwood Primary Academy in Third Avenue, are celebrating after being given an outstanding rating in every category by Ofsted.
The two form entry primary academy opened in September 2011 and is already over-subscribed.
Its pupils reflect the diverse community with links to 26 countries.
Among the praise given to the school it was championed for its inspiration leadership by the headteacher, supported by the committed team of teachers, non-teaching staff and governors; the celebration of its rich cultural heritage of the community and the pupil’s excellent behaviour.
Daniel Upfield, headteacher, said: “The biggest accolade for us was to read on Ofsted’s parent view survey that 100 per cent of parents responding would recommend the school to their friends.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 7 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 8 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 9 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
“We want every child to achieve highly and we also want to be a happy school where children look forward to coming to school every day. That’s what success means for us.
“I’d like to thank staff, parents and pupils for all the hard work they’ve put in to make ARK Atwood a success.
ARK Schools runs 18 academies, 13 of which are in London.
It will open ARK Franklin Primary Academy, the current Kensal Rise Primary School in Harvist Road, Kensal Rise, in September.