Supertramp guitarist Carl Verheyen gives masterclass to students at Kilburn music college
- Credit: Archant
A legendary rock guitarist popped into a music college in Kilburn where he gave an exclusive performance and masterclass to students.
Carl Verheyen, a member of Supertramp, visited the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, alongside premier bassist Stu Hamm and drummer Jason Harrison Smith.
The trio, who are currently touring Europe as the Carl Verheyen Band, performed a mixture of songs demonstrating their guitar and bass line skills before sharing their industry knowledge and experiences.
All three also answered a myriad of questions from the students who were keen to learn from the.
Mr Verheyen said: “As a touring musician I’ve found it very heart-warming to come to a place like the Institute in London and see the enthusiasm of the young instrumentalists and vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
“After 42 years in the music business, I consider it a privilege to pass the knowledge on to the next generation....especially when they are as eager and willing as the students at the Institute.”
For more information about the Institute visit www.icmp.co.uk.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai