Supertramp guitarist Carl Verheyen gives masterclass to students at Kilburn music college
- Credit: Archant
A legendary rock guitarist popped into a music college in Kilburn where he gave an exclusive performance and masterclass to students.
Carl Verheyen, a member of Supertramp, visited the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, alongside premier bassist Stu Hamm and drummer Jason Harrison Smith.
The trio, who are currently touring Europe as the Carl Verheyen Band, performed a mixture of songs demonstrating their guitar and bass line skills before sharing their industry knowledge and experiences.
All three also answered a myriad of questions from the students who were keen to learn from the.
Mr Verheyen said: “As a touring musician I’ve found it very heart-warming to come to a place like the Institute in London and see the enthusiasm of the young instrumentalists and vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
“After 42 years in the music business, I consider it a privilege to pass the knowledge on to the next generation....especially when they are as eager and willing as the students at the Institute.”
For more information about the Institute visit www.icmp.co.uk.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods