Supertramp guitarist Carl Verheyen gives masterclass to students at Kilburn music college
- Credit: Archant
A legendary rock guitarist popped into a music college in Kilburn where he gave an exclusive performance and masterclass to students.
Carl Verheyen, a member of Supertramp, visited the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, alongside premier bassist Stu Hamm and drummer Jason Harrison Smith.
The trio, who are currently touring Europe as the Carl Verheyen Band, performed a mixture of songs demonstrating their guitar and bass line skills before sharing their industry knowledge and experiences.
All three also answered a myriad of questions from the students who were keen to learn from the.
Mr Verheyen said: “As a touring musician I’ve found it very heart-warming to come to a place like the Institute in London and see the enthusiasm of the young instrumentalists and vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
“After 42 years in the music business, I consider it a privilege to pass the knowledge on to the next generation....especially when they are as eager and willing as the students at the Institute.”
For more information about the Institute visit www.icmp.co.uk.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 New Wealdstone signing McAvoy helps earn a draw at Weymouth