Supertramp guitarist Carl Verheyen gives masterclass to students at Kilburn music college
- Credit: Archant
A legendary rock guitarist popped into a music college in Kilburn where he gave an exclusive performance and masterclass to students.
Carl Verheyen, a member of Supertramp, visited the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, alongside premier bassist Stu Hamm and drummer Jason Harrison Smith.
The trio, who are currently touring Europe as the Carl Verheyen Band, performed a mixture of songs demonstrating their guitar and bass line skills before sharing their industry knowledge and experiences.
All three also answered a myriad of questions from the students who were keen to learn from the.
Mr Verheyen said: “As a touring musician I’ve found it very heart-warming to come to a place like the Institute in London and see the enthusiasm of the young instrumentalists and vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
“After 42 years in the music business, I consider it a privilege to pass the knowledge on to the next generation....especially when they are as eager and willing as the students at the Institute.”
For more information about the Institute visit www.icmp.co.uk.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill