Summer fair helps Willesden school towards playground fundraising goal
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of parents and children helped a school edge closer to its goal of paying for a new playground.
The Convent of Jesus and Mary Catholic Infant School in Park Avenue, Willesden hosted a fun filled summer fair on Saturday.
The school needs to raise £60,000 towards a play area and it is still topping up donations from Saturday’s event.
Willesden firefighters provided an engine for inquisitive children to climb into and once they were done there, kids could enjoy games such as beat the goalie.
And Willesden Green safer neighbourhood police officers brought along two of their horses for visitors to pat.
You may also want to watch:
Iris Guimaraes, co-chair of the Parent and Teachers Association, said: “We had a wonderful day and raised a substantial amount of money to redevelop the school playground.
“It would not have been possible without the support of a few dependable volunteers, which made it a fantastic day for everyone”.
- 1 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 5 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 6 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 7 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 8 Free online double documentary and conversation with artists of the Windrush generation
- 9 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 10 Primary school in Kilburn back open after staff member contracted Covid