Summer fair helps Willesden school towards playground fundraising goal
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of parents and children helped a school edge closer to its goal of paying for a new playground.
The Convent of Jesus and Mary Catholic Infant School in Park Avenue, Willesden hosted a fun filled summer fair on Saturday.
The school needs to raise £60,000 towards a play area and it is still topping up donations from Saturday’s event.
Willesden firefighters provided an engine for inquisitive children to climb into and once they were done there, kids could enjoy games such as beat the goalie.
And Willesden Green safer neighbourhood police officers brought along two of their horses for visitors to pat.
You may also want to watch:
Iris Guimaraes, co-chair of the Parent and Teachers Association, said: “We had a wonderful day and raised a substantial amount of money to redevelop the school playground.
“It would not have been possible without the support of a few dependable volunteers, which made it a fantastic day for everyone”.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Young winners excel at Queen's Park Book Festival
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley