Students from school in Kingsbury launch unique tea brand at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- Credit: Archant
Students from a school in Kingsbury have invented a unique blend of tea which will be sold at Brent Cross Shopping Centre.
Evalesco, an award-winning enterprise team from Kingsbury High School in Princes Avenue, launched Blueberry with Tulsi & Aloe Vera Tea and Orange Blossom & Ginger Tea to the mass market.
The nine year 12 entrepreneurs started their journey last September when they decided to produce a healthy product suitable for the mass UK market.
Their research confirmed that many British people love to drink tea so they decided to combine one of the UK’s favourite drinks with healthy ingredients sourced from Darjeeling, West Bengal, India.
The group teamed up British company, the Tea People, to help produce their creation.
You may also want to watch:
The company’s ethos is to give back to impoverished areas in and around the tea growing region of Darjeeling, focussing on education and helping to provide work for locals who would otherwise live on less than £1 a day.
Dhaval Shah, 17, assistant managing director and finance manager at Evalesco, said “Sourcing ingredients for our product from areas that are socioeconomically deprived and choosing a manufacturer that uses its profits to support local people was extremely important to us.”
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
Evalesco have won a string of accolades in the last few months including ‘most innovative product’ at a ceremony held at Brent Civic Centre on Wednesday, ‘best trade stand’ when they launched their tea at Brent Cross and ‘best performance of the day’ at a Christmas trade stand in Harrow.
“The Young Enterprise programme has definitely encouraged me to pursue the dream of starting my own business after I finish university, “Dhaval added.
“Whatever I do in the future, I have learnt to do it in an innovative and unique way that goes beyond the norm.”