Star of The Chase launches technology bus at Wembley school
- Credit: Archant
A bus which operates as a free technology information service was launched at a Wembley primary school on Tuesday.
Appearing at Oakington Manor Primary School, the bus provides technology for schools including virtual reality simulations, 3D printers and cloud solutions.
The bus was opened by former student and star of The Chase, Shaun Wallace.
“This bus will help produce students with world-class knowledge and skills,” he said. “It’s always a joy to revisit my old primary school and this is high honour indeed to be the first school in the country to visit and launch the IDEAS Bus.”
On the day a message of support was read out by former student and Manchester City star Raheem Sterling, while Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council and Cllr Parvez Ahmed, Mayor of Brent Council, also made an appearance.
You may also want to watch:
The launch was topped off with a performance from Maverick, 21, who will be competing in the UK Beatbox Championships this month.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 10 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police