Sports university to open in Wembley with Everton player signed up as a mentor
- Credit: Archant
A sports university will open in the grounds of Wembley Stadium next year.
University & College of Football Business (UCFB) Wembley will offer a range of specialist courses leading to Higher Education qualifications connected to the industry.
Students will study within the stadium environment and gain valuable work experience with the potential to earn up to £3,000 a year.
All of the seminar rooms where lectures are held will overlook the iconic Wembley pitch.
Undergraduates will also be offered degree courses which are not available at the university’s original campus in Burnley including BA Hons in International Football Business, BA Hons in Business and Sports Law, BA Hons in Business Retailing and Merchandising, BSc Hons in Sports Psychology and Management and BA Hons in Stadium and Events Management.
You may also want to watch:
Since UCFB was formed three years ago it has witnessed a rise in females apply for a place.
Rachel Brown-Finnis, a footballer and goalkeeper for England and Everton Ladies, has been signed to work as mentor when the university opens its doors in September 2014.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
The 33-year-old will offer help and support to students through their studies and help them secure work after their graduation.
She said: “I want to dispel the myths surrounding women’s football and want to inspire young women in football.
“I didn’t have a female sporting idol when I was growing up but I hope that I can act as a role model for the new generation of female professionals, both on and off the pitch.”
For more information visit www.ucfb.com or call 0843 208 2222.