Sports university to open in Wembley with Everton player signed up as a mentor
- Credit: Archant
A sports university will open in the grounds of Wembley Stadium next year.
University & College of Football Business (UCFB) Wembley will offer a range of specialist courses leading to Higher Education qualifications connected to the industry.
Students will study within the stadium environment and gain valuable work experience with the potential to earn up to £3,000 a year.
All of the seminar rooms where lectures are held will overlook the iconic Wembley pitch.
Undergraduates will also be offered degree courses which are not available at the university’s original campus in Burnley including BA Hons in International Football Business, BA Hons in Business and Sports Law, BA Hons in Business Retailing and Merchandising, BSc Hons in Sports Psychology and Management and BA Hons in Stadium and Events Management.
You may also want to watch:
Since UCFB was formed three years ago it has witnessed a rise in females apply for a place.
Rachel Brown-Finnis, a footballer and goalkeeper for England and Everton Ladies, has been signed to work as mentor when the university opens its doors in September 2014.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
The 33-year-old will offer help and support to students through their studies and help them secure work after their graduation.
She said: “I want to dispel the myths surrounding women’s football and want to inspire young women in football.
“I didn’t have a female sporting idol when I was growing up but I hope that I can act as a role model for the new generation of female professionals, both on and off the pitch.”
For more information visit www.ucfb.com or call 0843 208 2222.