Scout group in Kingsbury to hold recruitment drive event
- Credit: (c)jonchallicom
A scout group in Kingsbury is holding an open evening for boys and girls to showcase the activities it offers for those with an adventurous streak.
The 1st Kingsbury Scouts group, a voluntary run organisation based in Chandos Lodge, Stag Lane, is holding an open evening on May 17 split into three age specific sections, for young Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
The group will also be open to recruiting youth leaders and adult volunteers aged 14 and over, who can bring along whatever skill they have be it first aid, DIY, numbers cooking or computer know how.
Dominic Sommerville, scout leader, said: “We provide weekly activities for young people ranging from arts and crafts to sports, first aid and much more. We also take part in residential trips all year round including camping, expeditions and jamborees where young people are able to take part in activities including climbing, water sports, archery, there is something for every young person.”
He added: “Scouting is a great way to meet new people, and develop young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential.”
Timings for the open evening are Beaver Scouts, for six to eight year olds, from 5.45pm - 6.45pm, Cub Scouts, eight to 10-year-olds from 6pm to 7.30pm and Scouts, 10-and-a-half to 14 year olds from 7.15pm to 8.30pm.
The group is part of the Scouts Association that contains over 400,000 youth members aged 6-25 and over 100,00 adult volunteers across the UK.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 4 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 5 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 6 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook page at facebook.com1stkscoutgroup