Scout group in Kingsbury to hold recruitment drive event
- Credit: (c)jonchallicom
A scout group in Kingsbury is holding an open evening for boys and girls to showcase the activities it offers for those with an adventurous streak.
The 1st Kingsbury Scouts group, a voluntary run organisation based in Chandos Lodge, Stag Lane, is holding an open evening on May 17 split into three age specific sections, for young Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
The group will also be open to recruiting youth leaders and adult volunteers aged 14 and over, who can bring along whatever skill they have be it first aid, DIY, numbers cooking or computer know how.
Dominic Sommerville, scout leader, said: “We provide weekly activities for young people ranging from arts and crafts to sports, first aid and much more. We also take part in residential trips all year round including camping, expeditions and jamborees where young people are able to take part in activities including climbing, water sports, archery, there is something for every young person.”
He added: “Scouting is a great way to meet new people, and develop young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential.”
You may also want to watch:
Timings for the open evening are Beaver Scouts, for six to eight year olds, from 5.45pm - 6.45pm, Cub Scouts, eight to 10-year-olds from 6pm to 7.30pm and Scouts, 10-and-a-half to 14 year olds from 7.15pm to 8.30pm.
The group is part of the Scouts Association that contains over 400,000 youth members aged 6-25 and over 100,00 adult volunteers across the UK.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
For more information email: email@example.com or visit their Facebook page at facebook.com1stkscoutgroup