Public meeting tomorrow will discuss academy plans by primary schools in Harlesden and Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Representatives from a teaching union will be holding a meeting tomorrow to discuss plans by two primary schools in Brent to become academies.
Hank Roberts, Brent branch secretary of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL), and his wife Jean are organising the debate following the proposal by Oakington Manor in Wembley and Furness in Harlesden.
Everyone is invited to take part in the forum where those for and against the plans can speak publicly.
There will also be a secret ballot.
Members of the ATL have previously led a number of campaigns against academy conversions for several schools in the borough including St Andrew and St Francis CE Primary School in Belton Road, Willesden.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place at St Mark’s Church in Mortimer Road, Kensal Green, at 6pm.
- 1 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 2 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground