Public meeting tomorrow will discuss academy plans by primary schools in Harlesden and Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Representatives from a teaching union will be holding a meeting tomorrow to discuss plans by two primary schools in Brent to become academies.
Hank Roberts, Brent branch secretary of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL), and his wife Jean are organising the debate following the proposal by Oakington Manor in Wembley and Furness in Harlesden.
Everyone is invited to take part in the forum where those for and against the plans can speak publicly.
There will also be a secret ballot.
Members of the ATL have previously led a number of campaigns against academy conversions for several schools in the borough including St Andrew and St Francis CE Primary School in Belton Road, Willesden.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place at St Mark’s Church in Mortimer Road, Kensal Green, at 6pm.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat