Prince William’s prep school opens senior school in heart of Marylebone
- Credit: Archant
A prestigious boys’ preparatory school which taught Princes William and Harry is celebrating opening the doors of a new secondary school in the heart of Marylebone village after a £3 million refurbishment.
Once fully subscribed, the independent Wetherby Senior School, which occupies a newly refurbished period building in Marylebone Lane will offer four form secondary education to 400 boys up to 18 years of age.
The Wetherby School group also features a pre-preparatory school in Notting Hill Gate and a prep school in Bryanston Square, Marylebone for boys aged 7-12 where fees are £6035 per term.
Nick Baker, who has been the headmaster of Wetherby’s preparatory school in Bryanston Square, Marylebone for eight years, will take up joint headship of the schools.
He said: “Our school will meet the growing demand from parents for a boys’ senior school in central London.
You may also want to watch:
“With our outstanding facilities and exceptional teaching and pastoral care, we will deliver the consummate level of pupil and parental support that Wetherby is famous for.”
Students at the secondary school will also wear the school’s distinctive grey and red striped blazer.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
In advance of students taking up their place at the new school an extensive £3 million refurbishment was carried out to the 22,000 square foot building including upgrades to its 20 classrooms, five science laboratories and multipurpose theatre.
It is hoped students taking GCSE and A Level qualifications at the school will be able to apply to Russell Group and Ivy League universities.
Princes William and Harry attended Wetherby Pre-Preparatory School between the ages of 7-13 and Hugh Grant is also a fellow alumnus.
Wetherby Senior School, which is run by the Alpha Plus group of independent schools, has moved into the former premises of DLD (Davies Laing and Dick) College, also run by Alpha Plus, after it merged with its sister school Abbey College London and moved to a state of the art new premises on Westminster Bridge Road earlier this month.